Monday, January 12, 2009

My Agenda or His? I Choose Dad's

Psalm 119: 124-125 from the Message Bible reads "Let your love dictate how you deal with me; teach me from your textbook on life. I'm your servant—help me understand what that means, the inner meaning of your instructions.

Do you often go to God with your agenda for the day and then ask Him to bless it? What about the agenda for your life, your future? I am guilty as charged!!!!!!!!!!

I can only imagine the surprises I have missed out on because I was so focused on my own agenda. I wonder if Daddy just chuckles and says, "well, I will let her make her choices and have her way...my surprise will have to wait." I do not want to miss out anymore.

The Lord shared Psalm 119: 124-125 with me this morning and I was convicted and humbled to want to come before the Lord in LOVE with the readiness to learn more about God and from God each and everyday of my life. I no longer want to present my own agenda for my life. He is the author of life as we know it, and who is more qualified to teach than He.

It is my prayer that I will daily go into the presence of the Lord in love, ready to learn from Him, receive from Him, be obedient to His teachings and his leading and to allow Him to fill my heart with abundant LOVE & JOY!!!

No comments: